The very first step in your journey of faith is committing your life to Jesus Christ. There is a lot of ideas about what this means and how to do it but we believe it is simple and that Jesus gave us the instructions on how to do this in the Bible, specifically in the New Testament book called the Gospel of Matthew chapter 4 verse 19. Jesus said, "Follow Me, and I will make you fishers of me." This means that becoming a Christian involves:
- Following Jesus - this means doing what He did (said)
- Allowing Him to change (make) you - as we confess our sins, follow Him, learn what He said and did, it changes our head (thoughts), Hearts (how we live our lives) and our hands (our actions and purpose begins to align with His plans)
- Become a fisher of men - you point people to Jesus and show them how you went through the process of following and being changed
- A good place to start is to pray and ask Jesus to forgive you, to begin a new life in you, to find a Bible-believing, teaching church and a community of believers to help you learn, be encouraged and grow in your faith.
- Begin reading the Bible. If you don't have one, ask one of our pastors & we will get one for you. You can also download the youversion app for your phone so that it will be handy. We suggest starting with John and then read Romans.
- If you just decided to follow Jesus - we say, "Way to go! You just made a huge step in the right direction and we invite you to join us each Sunday!"